Leftover grilled cheese sandwich squares... on my plate.
I had a yummy grilled cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) sandwich for lunch. So did Ethan. Emma decided she doesn't like them anymore. While I ate lunch, fully engaging my children in conversation (absently nodding while browsing the Container Store brochure), Ethan carefully took a bite of each square of sandwich and then made choo-choo sounds while chugging it to my plate. After deciding he was done I cleaned him up and went back to my mail. Before I knew it, E had climbed into Emma's chair and eaten her cottage cheese. I'm not sure where she had gone, but she was nowhere in sight. When she came back a few minutes later, I told her Ethan had eaten her cottage cheese and asked if she wanted more. She answered that, no, she did not want more because she did not like cottage cheese (who knew?) or the green grapes that where on her plate. She only likes red grapes now (again, who knew?) I answered that was fine, but we were having grilled cheese sandwiches, cottage cheese and green grapes for lunch. She told me she wasn't hungry so that was that. In the meantime, I had gotten some more cottage cheese for Ethan (because Emma's wasn't enough) and put him back in his chair. I sat down to finish the important reading before me and Emma asks what I did to my sandwich (actually Ethan's) and could she please have it?
I really don't know how it happened, but I think everyone got what they wanted for lunch.
Then Ethan threw up...
Maybe I'll go take a nap...
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing and making me giggle. Not laughing at you, just sharing in the joy and chaos of parenting. Hope Ethan feels better soon.
Reading your blog makes me feel so less alone in this world! :-)
Hey... can I have a bite of that?
Post a Comment