Even numbers were the talk of math today. Emma loves to count by twos so understanding came quickly and she began to rattle off answers as I quizzed her. At one point she got confused and said, "Wait, I don't remember, is that a weird number?" I puzzled for a minute and realized that she meant the word odd, as in weird. With a smile, I explained the difference in the words and we continued.
Later in the evening she was reading the verse Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. While reading the reference, Proverbs 3:5, she yells, "Hey Mom, those are awkward numbers!"
2 comments:
Love it! When Kayla was about 6, she was memorizing the beatitudes. As she got to blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted, she asked what comforted meant. We talked about it and that night, she recited to her Daddy, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be..." she paused and you could see her thinking, then with a big grin, she announced "snuggled!" Our little ones are very precious! Love you guys.
too cute! i've always thought counting odds was awkward...
Post a Comment