5.04.2008

Worship Dance

A dance class focusing on worship.
Doesn't it sound too good to be true?! Here are some of the topics that our young girls discussed during the devotion portion of this 12 week class: God is our strength, refuge, light, etc. God is always worthy of our praise. Each day before practice, Em would put on her black dance pants and look through her drawer, trying on shirts, raising her arms to see if her tummy showed, finally settling on something pretty, but modest. That is good peer pressure.:) I love that lovely young women in their late teens and early twenties are using their influence to inspire little ones to cover their bodies and use them for worshipping God.

Emma's class danced to the song, You Are My All In All. My eyes were full with tears as I watched these little ones learn to worship in new ways. I have been moved by my daughter's response to God in the past, but as I see her capacity to respond to God in purposeful ways develop, my heart overflows. What can be more fulfilling that watching our children walk in the ways of the Lord?
Since my youth, God,
you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Psalm 71:17

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, the joy of mother hood! -jillaine

Childress Family said...

Very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Neat. Next time you're in Philly I'll have to share some of my Body Worship tips with Emma.
--you know who

Paula said...

Dear you know who,
Don't think that I didn't consider making reference to you when I wrote this post. I knew you would be proud.

Anonymous said...

Paula, I was in a praise hula group when we lived in HI. It really was a very meaningful form of worship even though I was not that good!! How neat Emma is starting early. Debbie (Garren)