I've tried to think of a good excuse for not blogging lately, like having a new baby, waiting for a new baby, moving or remodeling. But I really couldn't come up with anything that you wouldn't eventually find out.
If I would have been posting it might have been about: Emma's 7th birthday, the fifth anniversary of my Mom's death, my niece in the King and I, a trip to Nebraska, two book clubs (The Courage of Sarah Noble and Noisy Village), two church family nights (which I now plan with a friend), Easter, multiple blizzards, your normal-daily-run-of-the mill laundry and dishes and the education of my eldest child (including but not limited to commas, basic fractions and the general characteristics of a fish).
I might have mentioned some of the things Emma has been saying:
"I'm bored when Ethan is not up." (from his nap)(!)
(Giggle, giggle knowingly) "It's really kind of candy caneish." (When speaking of the plain stick that was mistaken for the North Pole when Pooh and Co. went looking for the North Pole.)
(Giggle, giggle knowingly) "It's really kind of candy caneish." (When speaking of the plain stick that was mistaken for the North Pole when Pooh and Co. went looking for the North Pole.)
Emma looking at her new fish on her birthday.
But, since I didn't, I guess I'll just show you a few pictures that I down-loaded before I LOST my camera (sniff) and tell you that I've really enjoyed reading about your lives.
Our beautiful cherry tree that lost a limb in yesterday's crazy snow storm.
6 comments:
I certainly have been missing your voice, Paula.
These are busy years at home though, so when I don't "hear" you for a while I know you are investing yourself elsewhere. Keeping the main thing the main thing.
So, exactly when does spring arrive in Colorado???
I feel the same way my dear, I check my facebook and try stay in touch or communicate with others but I too find it too much some times. I was just thinking this weekend that my dad has been gone nearly 5 years. Our breakfast and coffees together, were some of my favorite times in Germany - they have given me a smile to this day when i look back. A season for everything.
Oh, I miss you! It's good to see some photos and know a bit about what you've been up to... sometimes it just is too much, isn't it? But like Erin says, when you're gone from blog-land we know that you're just out there "embracing what presently matters most."
(And as an unrelated aside, I'm feeling a little guilty that while you were losing a branch of a cherry tree to a snow storm, my girls were frolicking in their wading pool. Are you sure you don't want to come for a visit?)
Spring arrived in January this year! Then again in March. And again in April.
Ha! Rick you crack me up!
Come see spring in the Nation's Capitol, and I know there are several people who would be delighted to share it with you.
That sounds like a lot of fun. It would be great to see you & Steve & the kids again soon.
Post a Comment