8.07.2009

Ta da

2009-2010 Bookclub Selections:

The Journey
The Little House
Poetry of William Blake
Five Children and It
Silent Night: The Song and It's Story
Blue Willow
The Adventures of Treehorn
Rabbit Hill
Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIHM
Strawberry Girl


Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions. I've added them to our ever growing personal reading list.


When a group of homeschool moms come together to discuss each others plans and purposes for the coming year, including ideas about seasons and such and then throw in a few of our personal favorites, well - you end up with an eclectic stack of books.


Sooo thrilled about the books I get to teach: The Journey, The Little House and Blue Willow. I'm teaching the first two picture books together with an overnight in a downtown 30th floor loft!

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh we LOVE The Little House. On our drive up to PA, Andrew told me he wants to live on a hill with fields of daisies and apple orchards, just like the Little House. He'd also like cows and tractors, a stream, a cornfield and two big dogs. Have fun with your teaching!

Paula said...

I'd love to come visit his little house... so would my kids. Funny that you and I think of the beautiful spaces of The Little House. Sure hope you are mulling around the homeschool idea!

Embrace the Circus said...

What fun! This makes me want to go to the children's library for me...

JStar said...

I loved Island of the Blue Dolphins. Not sure what age it would be for, 2nd grade might be too young, but I checked it out of the school library all the time.