11.06.2007

Operation Christmas Child

She's been saving her chore money for the last few months.
Carefully picking and choosing - each item is special.
These kids may not have a doll, pretty pink shirt or even a toothbrush.


"Mom, do you think she will like the cherry or the grape chapstick?"
"I think she will love whichever you choose for her, sweetie."

"I think the little boy would really like a ball!"
"Yes, a ball is a good idea."

"Don't you think the mom and dad would want something too? Maybe we should get something for them."
"Let's start thinking about that..."

"When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you? The King will reply, ' I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' " - Matthew

Go here to find out more

National collection week November 12-19

2 comments:

Childress Family said...

A sweet part of the "Rest of the Story..." We love you, Sweet Little Girl!

Beth said...

So, if you're saying how you can't wait to meet Zeke, does that mean you're planning on coming out here to visit us sometime soon? (wink, wink)

And this is a great thing to do with your kids to help them learn about giving at a time when they'll soon be doing a lot of getting. I love it!