Although hard to believe, this granola ranks with all the yummy granolas found in the German grocery stores. A little vanilla yogurt on top makes it even more perfect. I mix and match all kinds of nuts, seeds and ingredients depending on what I have or what is on sale. Check out the bulk section at Whole Foods or Sunflower Market to make this recipe completely affordable.

6 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 cups flaked coconut
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup all-bran cereal
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins (dried cranberries, dried blueberries, etc.)

In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut, pecans, wheat germ and cereal. In another bowl, mix oil, water, vanilla and salt. Pour over oat mixture; toss to coat. Pour into two greased 15 x 10 in. baking pans. Bake at 275 degrees for 1 hour, stirrring every 10 minutes. Add dried fruit. Store in an airtight container. 16 cups.
1 comment:
The girls and I have been on a granola kick lately. We made our first batch around Christmas time. I'm excited to try your recipe (looks delish!) and am on my way to Trader Joe's now to get the missing ingredients. Thanks!
Post a Comment