2.16.2009

Will You Be My Valentine?

by Emma
It was Valentine's Day at school and Jackie said to Kathryn, "Will you be my valentine?"
"No, " said Kathryn, "I will not be your valentine."
Then Jackie pulled a box of chocolates out of his back pack and said, "Now will you be my valentine?"
"No," said Kathryn, "I will not be your valentine."
Jackie was close to giving up. But then he remembered the bouquet of roses and the red ribbon with lace that his mom had packed in his backpack. He pulled the bouquet of roses out of his backpack and said, "Now will you be my valentine?"
"No, " said Kathryn, thinking that Jackie would want to marry her someday.
But then Kathryn remembered the red valentine with white lace and pink ribbon that she had made the day before. She pulled it out of her backpack and walked over to Jackie's desk and said, "Will you be my valentine?"
Jackie said, "No." Then she pulled out a bag of sweet tarts and said, "Now will you be my valentine?
No."
Kathryn said, "Come on."
"No."
"Please."
"No."
"Pretty please with a cherry on top."
"No...oh...oh... all right." cried Jackie.
Then they grew up and loved each other so much that they got married.
The End.

3 comments:

Embrace the Circus said...

I really like this story! You are a talented writer, Emma. Keep it up!

Marilyn said...

I'm laughing because there are parts of this story where you could put our names in!! :-) Good job Emma...it's nice to hear stories that don't involve earthmoving equipment. Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

Cute story! You'll have to watch who Emma chooses as Valentines in the years to come. :-)
(Sorry I just now re-read your Xmas letter & discovered your blog. Glad I can follow your family this way.)