1.22.2008

A cure for the winter blahs

My sister just sent this wonderfully warm and delicious recipe. Mmmmmm. Perfect for this sneezing, coughing, runny nose.... well, you get the idea. Enjoy.

Chicken Noodle Casserole

1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. flour
2 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. white wine(optional)
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 c. sliced mushrooms(optional)
8 oz. wide noodles, cooked
2 c. chicken
1/3 c. parmesan cheese

Melt 1/4 c. butter in medium pan; whisk in flour, broth and milk until smooth and thick. Add the wine, salt and pepper; set aside. Saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Add to sauce. Fold in noodles and chicken; pour into a greased casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey Paula,

That sounds very yummy, and I will have to try it. I am interested in taking that online SPS with you all so email me the info please. I hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon.

Love you,
Jenn