1.10.2008

How do we make our way?

How do we moms, make our way through a day?

Our choices add up.

Habits into hours, decisions into days, lists into a life.

The way in which we live our moments, our choices for the gift of the next 24 hours, are rungs on a ladder. The rungs take us somewhere. These moments are rungs scaling each and everyday… making a life.

Ann's words at Holy Experience are well worth your time.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Paula,

I just got your newsletter in the mail and have been looking around in here. You are so awesome! I am trying to get in the groove again and keep up with mine too. Hope to talk to you soon.
Love ya,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula,
Jennifer gave me your blog info. I have just spent a short 45 min catching up with your life. Oh how I miss you. I would love to get in touch with you again. my email is jillaineswain@yahoo.com
i love you and miss you. jillaine

Unknown said...

I really like the subtext under your heading -- the 'presently' makes such sense, as life changes significantly from time to time. Yesterday I met a doctor mom of a 2 1/2 year-old and 8 month old, both of whom attend day care full time She told me how stressed she is by home, work and childcare commitments. When I asked if she couldn't manage to give up work for a while, until the kids were bigger, she looked at me in horror "but I have to get ahead!" she replied. I guess I feel that if I can set my own pace myself and those around me will be happiest. I guess that for me presently my little boy matters most.

Anonymous said...

We got your newsletter and love to hear about your life. We miss you and hope to reconnect sometime soon. Love a long lost friend from CC and graduate school. Hi to Rick and your precious children. My family sends their love. They have fond memories of Rick and Paula! Love, Shan

Embrace the Circus said...

Paula, thanks for this post and for the link to Ann's blog (which I'm going to be reading more often -- it's just gorgeous). I think all too often I scurry through my day with checklists (chores, errands, things to teach or show or play with the girls) and lose sight of the bigger picture. I hope to remember better that these choices, these lists, these moments, serve the One who served us. It's been on my heart the last few days. Thanks, dear friend.