11.06.2008

One of my family's very favorite snacks is Banana Blueberry Bread. The recipe I use comes from the Betty Crocker cookbook (I got it as a wedding present.) Fifteen years ago when I started using this recipe it was because I had ripe bananas and this was the only banana bread recipe I had. Now its a well-loved recipe. Half the loaf is usually gone before it hits the cutting board! I'm thinking that my daughter will be asking for this recipe someday. Today I'm thankful for yummy banana bread.

Tonight, Emma is thankful for the seasons.
Banana Blueberry Bread

Cream together:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened

Add 2 eggs and stir until blended.

Add 3 to 4 medium mashed bananas and 1/3 cup water.

Stir in 1 2/3 cups flour, 1 t. baking soda, 1/2 t. salt and 1/4 t. baking powder.
Stir just until moist.

Carefully stir in one cup of either fresh or frozen blueberries. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Embrace the Circus said...

Ooh! Bananas and blueberries are two of my girls' favorite things. And since I love baking, I'll have to try this out.

I'm thankful for you, Paula! Miss you!